TSUBURAYA PRODUCTIONS CO., LTD. (hereinafter: “TPC”) fully understands its role in handling the valuable personal information of customers and will protect such personal information in the following ways while observing laws and regulations as well as guidelines related to the protection of personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information refers to information that can be used to identify an individual customer. This includes their address, name, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address (including information that can be easily connected to other information, thereby identifying the customer).
Collection of Personal Information
TPC collects personal information on customers appropriately and in accordance with the law as necessary in order to provide services.
Use of Personal Information
TPC uses customers’ personal information within the range of purposes of use indicated below or upon the collection of such information and uses it only as necessary to execute business duties.
- To process customers’ purchases of or requests for products and services;
- To communicate with customers about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, contests, sweepstakes, and etc.;
- To respond to customer service inquiries and requests for information;
- To send personalized promotions and special offers to customers;
- To inform customers about our brands, products, services, events, or other promotional purposes;
- To maintain, improve, and analyze our websites, mobile applications, ads, and the products and services we offer;
- To maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes;
- To provide important product safety information and notice of product recalls;
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
Management of Personal Information
TPC has assigned a manager with the authority to manage personal information and implements strict management to ensure that no leakage, manipulation or loss occurs.
Lawful and rational safety measures are implemented to protect information.
Outsourcing of Handling of Personal Information
TPC may outsource some duties to vendors to the extent required to achieve the purpose of use.
In such instances, the necessary terms will be described for the management of personal information, confidentiality, and prevention of personal information leakage in the outsourcing agreement and the vendor will be supervised and offered guidance to ensure appropriate management.
Restrictions on Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
TPC will not provide customers’ personal information to any third parties other than as follows:
- With customers’ consent;
- If appropriate to (a) comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, including, for example, to comply with a court order or subpoena; (b) protect the rights and property of TPC, our agents, our customers, and others, including to enforce our terms, policies, rules, and agreements; and/or (c) protect the safety and security of any person
Disclosure, Revision, Addition, Deletion and Discontinuation of Usage of Personal Information
If TPC receives a request from a customer regarding the disclosure, revision, addition, deletion or discontinuation of use of their personal information by means of the below Inquiry, this will be executed as quickly as possible to the extent allowed by laws and regulations.
Improvements to the Handling of Personal Information
TPC will also make improvements as necessary to its handling of personal information while observing related laws and regulations. Please be aware that changes may be made without notice to the handling of personal information in line with this.
Handling of Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of data that web servers send to users’ browsers in order to increase ease of online browsing.
While cookies can be used to determine the user’s computer, specific users cannot be identified.
Users can change their browser settings to disable cookies.
However, this may make it no longer possible to use all or some web services.
Please contact below for requests regarding the disclosure, revision, addition, deletion or discontinuation of the use of personal information, as well as questions or complaints about the handling of personal information.
Tsuburaya Productions Co., Ltd.